OUR CSR APPROACHReminder (Source: French Ministry for Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy)
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is the contribution made by companies to sustainable development issues. Companies have to take account of the corporate social and environmental aspects of their business, adopt best practices and thereby help create a better society and protect the environment.
CSR enables economic, corporate social responsibility and eco-responsibility policies to be underpinned by a shared rationale.
- Our human resources
- Skills development
- Health and safety
- Furniture removal and upcycling
- Ages: ranging from 16 to 63, with an average age of 37
- Average of 6 years’ service per staff member
- 10% of the total workforce are women
- 11 nationalities
- 12 furniture removal vocational trainees
Implementing various measures to limit day-to-day impact on the environment:
- Recyclable consumables (boxes can be used 40 times)
- Vehicles fitted with anti-pollution catalytic convertors
- Selective sorting of waste
Our drivers have been trained in eco-behaviour to make them more aware of protecting the environment. This training consists of:
- 4 hours of intensive classroom-based lectures, to become acquainted with eco-behaviour and better understand its fundamental principles (use of diesel engines, vehicle inertia, weather conditions, route profiles)
- Applying what has been learnt in the vehicle and on typical driver rounds. This is done to show the sound basis of eco-behaviour and to compare consumption.
This training aims to:
- Promote safe driving and the adoption of socially aware behaviour
- Reduce road accidents by 10-15%
- Encourage drivers to reduce their speed and avoid sudden acceleration/breaking (reducing fuel consumption by up to 15%)
By anticipation and smoother driving, we can make noticeable improvements and ensure that our drivers are less tired.